Skip to main content
Acid Dissociation Constants
CAS, Bielstein, Merck Numbers
- Chemist's Companion Guide to Patent Law by Miller and Evans (©2010, Wiley)
- How to Invent and Protect Your Invention: A Guide to Patents for Scientists and Engineers by Kennedy, Watkins and Ball (©2012, Wiley)
- Patent and Trademark Tactics and Practice, Third Edition by Burge (©1999, Wiley)
- Patent Fundamentals for Scientists and Engineers, Third Edition by Gordon, Cookfair, LoTempio and Lillis (©2012, CRC)
- Patent Strategy: For Researchers and Research Managers, Third Edition by Knight (©2013, Wiley)
- What Every Chemist Should Know about Patents, 3rd ed. by McLeland (©2002, ACS)
- Writing Chemistry Patents and Intellectual Property: A Practical Guide by Waller (©2011, Wiley)
IR Spectra: Online Databases
Safety Hazards & Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- CCOHS Occupational Health and Safety Databases - This collection of databases is a tool for environmental and occupational health and safety and contains a wealth of data and information on various chemicals. This program includes MSDS, FTSS, CHEMINFO, RTECS®, Canadiana, CISILO, HSELINE, OSHLINE® with NIOSHTIC®/NIOSHTIC-2, and as well as several free resources.
- Cataloged MSDS Sheets at Purdue University
- TOXNET - TOXNET (TOXicology Data NETwork) is a cluster of databases covering toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health and related areas. See Fact Sheet for database details.
- HSDB® (Hazardous Substances Data Bank) - A factual database focusing on the toxicology of over 5,000 potentially hazardous chemicals. In addition to toxicity data, HSDB provides information in the areas of emergency handling procedures, industrial hygiene, environmental fate, human exposure, detection methods, and regulatory requirements. The data are fully referenced and peer-reviewed by a Scientific Review Panel composed of expert scientists.
- CCRIS (Chemical Carcinogenesis Research Information System) - A scientifically evaluated and fully referenced data bank, developed and maintained by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). It contains over 9,000 chemical records with carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, tumor promotion, and tumor inhibition test results. Data are derived from studies cited in primary journals, current awareness tools, NCI reports, and other special sources. Test results have been reviewed by experts in carcinogenesis and mutagenesis.
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Bretherick's Handbook of Reactive Chemical Hazards (7th ed., 2007)
- Wiley Guide to Chemical Incompatibilities (3rd ed., 2009)
- Household Products Database
- CRC Handbook of Laboratory Safety
- Collection of e-books on Industrial Safety and Hygiene on Knovel
IR Spectra: Print Sources
Patents: Online Resources
- Daniel C. Harris "Quantitative Chemical Analysis" (7th edition) (Reserves 545 H25q 2007 )
- Vogel's Textbook of Quantitative Chemical Analysis (545 V86t 1989)
Synonyms for Compound Names