Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Aiddata: Features information about international economic development assistance from 1947-present. Partnership between Brigham Young University, College of William & Mary, and the nonprofit organization Development Gateway.
- Alternative Fuels Data Center: Resource compiled by the Energy Dept's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy covering alternative fuels and advanced transportation.
- Association of a Religion Data Archives: The Association of Religion Data Archives (ARDA) acts to preserve quantitative data on American religion, to improve access to this data, to increase the use of the data, and to allow comparisons across data files. The ARDA collection includes data on churches and church membership, religious professionals, and religious groups (individuals, congregations and denominations).
- Australian Government Data: Provides access to Australian commonwealth and state government data sets.
- Australian National Data Archive: Australian National University entity collecting and preserves data on Australian economic, political, and social affairs.
- Beyond Parallel: Center for Strategic and International Studies data set seeking to highlight Korean unification scenarios.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis: U.S. Commerce Dept. entity providing regularly updated U.S. economic performance statistics.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: U.S. Labor Dept. entity producing statistics on consumer and producer prices and employment/unemployment.
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics: U.S. Transportation Dept. entity producing statistics on transportation and transportation modes.
- Canada National Climate Data and Information Archive: Features historical statistics on Canadian climate data.
- Canadian Government Open Data Pilot Project: Provides access to Canadian Government data sets.
- Census Bureau Data (Selected U.S. Census Bureau data visualizations, mobile apps, interactive web apps, and other software
- Center for Heath Security: Johns Hopkins University entity conducting and publicizing public health oriented research
- Center of Demography of Health & Aging: University of Wisconsin-Madison entity studying domestic and international aging, demography, and health economics.
- China Global Investment Tracker: American Enterprise Institute resource documenting Chinese global investment and construction. Includes 3,400 large transactions across energy, transportation, real estate, & other industries.
- Chinese Investment in Australia: Australian National University database documenting Chinese foreign direct investment in Australia since 2014.
- Correlates of War Project (University of Michigan data set documenting various aspects of military conflict)
- Crime Data Explorer: FBI resource documenting criminal activity.
- Council of European Social Science Data Archives: Promoting the acquisition, archiving and distribution of electronic data for social science teaching and research in Europe.
- Data.census.gov/ U.S. Census Bureau data products.
- Data.gov: Provides links to U.S. government data sets and some state agency data sites.
- Data.gov.uk/: Provides links to British government data sets.
- Data.world: Collection of data from various international sources. Registration required.
- Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) Historical Fact book: This Defense Dept. agency resource documents U.S. foreign military sales and assistance.
- Empirical Scotus: Blog and data set looking at historical and contemporary U.S. Supreme Court topics including attorneys, Justices, and other Court actors analyzing decisions & oral arguments.(NEW)
- Energy Information Administration (EIA): U.S. Dept. of Energy statistical branch featuring data on energy commodities and services.
- European Union Open Data Portal Contains data from varied sources including the European Commission, European Central Bank, European Court of Auditors, and other sources.
- Eurostat: European Union statistical and data resources.
- Export-Import Databank Tradestat: Data set compiled by India's Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED): St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank dataset featuring 72,000 economic time series from 54 sources.
- 538 Resource providing detailed data and analysis on cultural, economic, political, and sports.
- Foreign Aid Explorer: U.S. Agency for International Development resource documenting U.S. foreign economic assistance by country and U.S. Government agency.
- Foreign and International Government Organization Statistical Agencies: Provided by Purdue University Libraries
- Foreign Gifts and Contracts Report: U.S. Dept. of Education dataset documenting foreign contributions to U.S. higher educational institutions under Section 117 of the 1965 Higher Education Act (NEW)
- FRASER: St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank resource of historic U.S. economic statistics.
- FRED: Current and recent U.S. economic data from St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank
- Human Freedom Index: Cato Institute resource documenting the state of human freedom in the world.
- Indiana State Statistical Agencies: Provided by Purdue University Libraries.
- Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluation: University of Washington entity analyzing health problems and evaluating strategies used to address them.
- Institute for Social Research: The University of Michigan Institute for Social Research (ISR) is one of the largest and oldest academic survey and social research organizations in the world. The ISR is dedicated to social science in the public interest.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)Income Statistics: Provides statistics on personal and corporate income.
- International Food Policy Research Institute Collects and analyzes sustainable international agricultural data
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is an integral part of the infrastructure of social science research. ICPSR maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data for research and instruction, and offers training in quantitative methods to facilitate effective data use.
- Military Balance: Annual reports and analyses on national and international military spending and personnel by Britains' International Institute of Strategic Studies (Career account login required)
- Military Expenditures: Produced by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS): U.S. Dept. of Agricultural entity compiling and disseminating agricultural statistics including the Census of Agriculture and statistics on agricultural commodities.
- Office of National Statistics: British government statistical agency including topics such as the Wuhan coronavirus.
- U.S. Government Statistical Agencies: Provided by Purdue University Libraries.
- Sociology: Databases & Centers
- Surveys & Statistics: Provided by SocioWeb, an independent guide to the Sociological resources available on the Internet and is founded in the belief that the Internet can help to unite the sociological community in ways never before possible.
- Uppsala Conflict Data Archive: Swedish university resource providing data and visualizations on international armed conflict since 1975.
- USA Facts: Nonpartisan and non-profit initiative whose members include Lynchburg College, Stanford University, and the University of Pennsylvania.
SimplyAnalytics [formerly SimplyMap] enables non-technical users to quickly create professional quality thematic maps and reports using extensive demographic, business and marketing data.
Produced by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, this resource includes books, papers, and statistics providing access to OECD analysis and data.
Proquest Statistical Insight
Provides access to statistical information produced by U.S. Federal agencies, state governments, private organizations, and major international governmental organizations. Search between approximately 200,000 to 500,000 tables with advanced Search Tables functionality.
Coverage includes over 50 years.
Free and downloadable datasets from the U.S. government and other public sources.
Google Dataset Search
In beta, new search from google for finding datasets
Newer site, just launched this last years. Lot of interesting data, requires signup.
International Postsecondary Education Data
Created in part by Purdue Libraries, new way to find where data is being stored institutionally
Open data portal and hackathon with a variety of current trends and research topics.
Pew Internet Research
Pew Research Center research internet use, especially among younger Americans. Includes reports on online data. mobile shopping, health, etc.
STATS Indiana provides access to economic and demographic statistics for states, counties, cities and towns, townships, regions, census tracts and more.
Includes daily research articles, analyst reports, and a database of e-business and online marketing statistics, aggregated and analyzed from over 2,800 sources. Topics include market research and trend analysis on Internet, e-business, online marketing, media and emerging technologies.
TOOLS AVAILABLE TO PURDUE STUDENTS FOR DATA ANALYSIS
COMPANY FINANCIAL & STOCK PRICE DATA
S&P Capital IQ
In-depth financial/valuation data resource, including information on equities, credit ratings, transactions, and more. Explore pricing across markets including indices, commodities, and more. Use hundreds of data points to generate lists of companies, markets, or executives. Includes an Excel plug-in for data analysis, and the S&P Market Intelligence platform to find sector-specific financial data, research, and news.
Note: This resource requires you to create a user account
Note: 10/2020 Some users are reporting that they are unable to login to the database. If you are locked out please follow the steps below in order to reactivate your account:
1. Click the unlock account link
2. Go through the link in unlock email to change password
3. Once password is changed, DO NOT click on the login link on the password change page, instead, navigate back to the S&P using the proxied link from the A-Z list. Login should then work.
Thomson Reuters Datastream Professional is a powerful tool that integrates economic research and strategy with cross asset analysis to seamlessly bring together top down and bottom up in one single, integrated application.
Thomson ONE Banker
Thomson ONE features market quotes, earnings estimates, financial fundamentals, press releases, transaction data, corporate filings, ownership profiles and company research.
NOTE: Requires the use of customized settings in Internet Explorer. Instructions to customize your IE settings are available here: https://answers.lib.purdue.edu/faq/336157
**Tip: Some library web pages do not display properly when using Internet Explorer. Instead, copy the Thomson ONE Banker link from your current browser and paste it into the IE browser. This can be done by right-clicking the database link and selecting "Copy link address."
The Bloomberg Professional® service is the most powerful and flexible platform for financial professionals who need real-time data, news and analytics to make smarter, faster, more informed business decisions.
Compustat Capital IQ
COMPUSTAT (from Standard & Poor\'s) provides more than 300 annual and 100 quarterly Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and supplemental data items on more than 24,000 publicly held companies.
Note: Must register for a WRDS account.
The Center for Research in Security Prices maintains the most comprehensive collection of security price, return, and volume data for the NYSE, AMEX and NADSAQ stock markets. Additional CRSP files provide stock indices, beta- and cap-based portfolio, treasury bond and risk-free rates, and mutual fund databases.
CRSP also provides CRSP/COMPUSTAT Merged Database, a database that simplifies matching COMPUSTAT financial data to the CRSP security price data.
Note: Must register for a WRDS account
Nexis Uni Company Dossier
Use this search to aggregate information from Nexis Uni about companies. Choose "Company Dossier" from the menu at the top of the page to access the company search page.