Skip to main content
- AncientScripts.com: Created and maintained by Lawrence K. Lo this is a large complex site that discusses the origin of writing around the world.
- Chinese Character Writing: ACSION a non-profit Australian Centre for Social Innovations comes this short discussion on Chinese logographic writing.
- Guide to the Japanese Writing System: The Kanji Dictionary Publishing Society. This site is a discussion of the Japanese writing system.
- Japanese Writing Tutor: By Blake Edward Sterzinger this site is meant to help students of Japanese practice their writing skills.
- Omniglot: a guide to writing systems: This website provides a guide to over 200 different alphabets, syllabaries and other writing systems, including a few you will find nowhere else. It also contains details of many of the languages written with those writing systems and links to a wide range of language-related resources, such as fonts, online dictionaries and online language courses.
- Wade-Giles to Zhuyin to Pinyin Conversion Table: The UCLA Library. This table is based on the "Correspondence of Wade-Giles to Pinyin" list included in the Library of Congress Chinese Romanization Guidelines, and is best viewed with Internet Explorer 4 or higher.