Here is what I covered today:
**Invited to help you prepare for the literature searching aspect of your research projects**
- What is scientific literature? including:
- What is the lifecycle of scientific information?
- What is peer review?
- What is the difference between primary, secondary, and tertiary literature?
- How do you search for scientific literature? including:
- What can library databases do for you that Google and Wikipedia (most often) can't?
- How do you choose which database to search? (There are 100's!)
- How do you develop a database search strategy?
- How do you successfully input a search strategy into a database?
- How do you expand searches with too few results AND/OR narrow searches with too many results?
Here is what I didn't get to cover, but you can explore on your own, or ask me questions about at any time:
Getting Help - Purdue: