Kanopy offers over 50,000 films from all genres.
As of January 1st, 2020, Kanopy is restricted to use for instructional purposes. Previously licensed titles will be available for streaming until their licenses expire, at which point approval will be required* for renewals. New titles will be made available for courses or learning opportunities on an individual basis by instructor request.
*The Criterion, PBS, and Media Education Foundation collections will remain unmediated in their entirely.
All requests for Kanopy titles must be made a minimum of one week in advance. Instructors are encouraged to check on the availability of titles for their courses before every semester, as some licenses may have expired in the interim.
Option 1: Request a title through the Kanopy platform
Recommended for instructors who need a single title or prefer to browse/navigate the platform.
Option 2: Request a title through email
Send an email directly to email@example.com. In your message, please include the following:
Recommended for instructors who wish to request multiple titles for a course syllabus at one time.
Each video from Kanopy has an embed code.
To link to videos in Kanopy
To embed in BlackBoard:
Instructions: Playlist and Clip Creation Tool
1. You can access the Playlist and Clip Creation Tool from any video by clicking the "PLAYLIST/CLIP" button under the video player
2. Complete the form with your name, e-mail address and playlist title. Click on "Create" to start crating your playlist.
3. Review your information and click "Save & Select/Edit Clips".
4. Click on "Add a new clip"
5. Choose a video by either searching or browsing
6. Finalize the clip(s) selection and "Save and Publish"
7. Your playlist has now been created and two URLs have been created and e-mailed to you. The first UrL is your published plyalist to be viewed or shared with others. The second URL can be used to edit or delete your playlist at any time.