4. Although Tableau Desktop is free for students, it may ask for documents to verify your student status. If you are prompted for verification documents, go to Step 5 or else skip to Step 6.
5. Choose an appropriate document to establish your student enrollment status. Upload and submit the document for review. Wait for the verification email from Tableau.
6. Check email response from Tableau containing a download link and the Product Key. Click on the 'Download Tableau Desktop now' link and run the .exe file once it is downloaded.
7. Accept the license terms and complete the installation setup.
8. Once the installation is completed, go to the Help drop-down menu, and select the Manage Product Keys option.
9. Copy the Product Key mentioned in the email sent by Tableau. Enter this key in the 'Enter product key', and Activate your product. Congratulations, you have successfully installed tableau Desktop on your computer!