Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Technologies: Guides & Tutorials
Principles, Tips, & Rules r/t Technologies
Read the principles, tips, and rules below to communicate online in a professional manner:
Online Databases (drugs, diseases, alerts, etc.)
Purdue online databases relevant to nursing (free to Purdue users):
- ITaP Help provides telephone and face-to-face support (you may bring your laptop to HSSE, Stewart 135 to ask them to set up VPN, PAL2.0 or PAL3.0, or map network drive).
- ITaP Knowledge Base (GoldAnswersSearch): online database to find answers related to ITaP online resources.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): access Purdue online resources while you are off campus. Click what is VPN and how to get connected to learn how to set up your computer to connect with VPN.
- Free wireless access on campus: Click what is Purdue air link and how to get connected to learn how to set up your mobile computing device with PAL2.0/PAL3.0.
- Map network drive: access your files in your career account while you are off campus. Click GoldAnswers (Knowledge Base) in the “Search Results for Keyword” search box, enter “how to map network drive” to find information relevant to your computer to map your computer to your career account.
- Software Remote (DACS): Go to ITaP and click “Software Remote (DACS). Log in to see what programs are available. When you are off campus, you need a VPN connection in order to use these programs.