Purdue University Libraries has made access to the Washington Post newspaper online available to the university community.
On Campus Access
To access the paper while on campus users can visit https://www.washingtonpost.com
Off Campus Access
Off campus access requires the creation of an account. To create an account, users must:
- Visit https://www.washingtonpost.com
- Click on the “Sign In” link in the upper right-hand corner of the web site.
- Click on the “Sign Up” link in the lower right hand corner of the menu that pops up.
- Enter your Purdue University email address, then on the next screen, enter a password.
- Click “Create account.”
- You will be redirected to the Washington Post home page.
- Click on your email account name (without the “@purdue.edu”) which will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the Post’s home page.
- Click on the tab labeled “Account Settings” from this menu.
- Your email address should be listed on the “Account Settings” tab with the words “verified” or “unverified” next to it. If it says “verified,” you’re all set.
- If not, click “unverified” to be sent a verification email.
- Go to your email client, open the email that appears, and click the verification link. This will take you back to the Washington Post web site. Here is what that email message should look like:
- From the web site, click on the “my subscriptions” tab, then click “activate free digital access.”
- Your subscription is now active and ready for use.
If you have any questions, please let the Libraries know via the form at https://answers.lib.purdue.edu/form?queue_id=5651.