Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Use a citation manager to actually manage your citations, and to output .bib files.
- Doublecheck your data.
- Are any pieces of information obviously missing (year, publisher, page number, etc.)?
- Are any pieces of information poorly formatted (ALLCAPS, etc.)?
- Back up your .bib files frequently.
- Read the documentation for the package of your choice.
- Read the documentation for the citation style of your choice.
- Do not assume your citations are correct -- check them thoroughly!