Cabell’s goal is to help researchers select the most appropriate outlets for their work. The database indicates whether the journal is peer reviewed, and provides acceptance rate, submission guidelines and process, and more:
- Contact Information: the Editor's name, address, telephone , E-mail(s)
- Submission Process
- Manuscript Specifications: style, length, number of copies required
- Topics emphasized and type of Reader the publication seeks to attract.
- Review Process: including acceptance rate (gathered from editors), percentage of articles that are invited, type of review (blind, editorial or peer), and tne number of external reviewers and number of in-house reviewers.
- Time to Review indicates time from submission to notification.
- Reviewer's Comments: if reviewers comments are available to authors.
- And other journal related data: Sponsor/Publisher, Frequency, Launch Date, ISSN
- Manuscript Guidelines/Comments : information on the journal's objectives, style and format for references and footnotes.
Cabell's provides metrics to help authors identify appropriate outlets for their research, including
- Cabell’s Classification Index (CCI)
- Difficulty of Acceptance (DA)
- Institutional Publishing Activity (IPA )