This tutorial will guide Health Sciences undergraduate students through the following:
- Publication Cycle & Scientific Research--How Scientific Research is Conducted and Published; Primary and Secondary Resources
- Navigating Library Resources--Where to Search for Books and Articles; Locating Full Text in Print and Online; Getting Help from Library Staff
- Basic Search Strategies--Google™ vs. Library Databases; Database Search Techniques: Keywords, Boolean operators, Truncation
- Advanced Search Strategies--Database Search Techniques: Subject, Field, Publication type
- Evaluating Information--Using Scholarly Sources; Comparing Sources, and Corroborating Facts
- Using and Creating Citations--Interpreting and Creating Citations; Citing Sources
Use the tabs on this Home page to navigate to each section.