As a selective federal depository library, Purdue University Libraries strives to meet the government information needs of Indiana's 4th congressional district by providing users with free and expert access to U.S. and other government information resources. Access to these resources can help individuals and organizations gain greater understanding of government programs and policies for education, economic, and personal improvement. Information on Indiana's 4th congressional district can be found at this Census Bureau website. Purdue is part of a network of over 1,200 Federal Depository Libraries administered by the U.S. Government Publishing Office.
Featured Website and Documents:
Chinese Leader Xi Jinping's July 1 speech on the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party (Courtesy: Nikkei Asia).
Newly enacted Indiana State Law (Takes Effect July 1, 2021) giving Indiana State Police the authority to investigate and prosecute the damage, desecration, destruction, or vandalization of private or government monuments, memorials, or permanent statues.
Emails from and to National Institute of Allery and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci between March-April 2020 obtained by Freedom of Information Act lawsuit from Buzzfeed and Washington Post.
Watch a May 18, 2021 House Foreign Relations Committee hearing on the U.S.-Afghanistan Relationship following the U.S.' military withdrawal later this year.
- Central American Migration: Root Causes and U.S. Policy is an April 22, 2021 CRS report.
- The Biden-Harris plan to beat COVID-19on the White House Priorities page.
- Centers for Disease Control K-12 School Reopening Guidelines
- COVID Vaccine Data Tracker is a CDC data set providing vaccine rates by state.
- Vaccines Development 101 is a Food and Drug Administration resource describing the vaccine approval process.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Pandemic Responder Stories
- Back on Track Indiana: The Indiana State Coronavirus recovery plan. (May 1, 2020)
- Clinical Trials (National Library of Medicine website featuring links to information on coronavirus trials being conducted in the U.S. and internationally. Listing a trial DOES NOT NECESSARILY mean the U.S. has evaluated trial contents
- Coronavirus is a Centers for Disease Control resource on this respiratory illness emerging in China.
- Defense Dept. Operation Warp Speed
- Strategic National Stockpile
- Google Community Mobility Maps Chart community mobility trends over time by geography, retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacy, parks, transportation, work, and residential. May not include rural counties.
- House Foreign Affairs Committee Minority Report on COVID-19, China, and the World Health Organization (June 12, 2020)
- House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis
- Justice Dept. Coronavirus Resources including steps for reporting coronavirus fraud
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Coronavirus Resources
- Indiana Dept. for Workforce Development Coronavirus Resources
- Indiana Family & Social Services Administration Coronavirus Resources
- Be Well Indiana (Mental health resources from Indiana Family & Social Services Administration)
- Indiana Small Business Development Center Coronavirus Resources
- Indiana State Dept. of Education Coronavirus Resources
- Indiana State Dept. of Health Coronavirus Cases (includes maps showing case spread by county)
- National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases Coronavirus Resources
- National Science Foundation Coronavirus Information & Guidance
General Information (About Purdue Libraries Government Information Resources)
Government Agencies (For U.S. and non-U.S. Government agencies, listed below)