Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Government Documents on Labor and Women's History
The U.S. Government has produced and continues producing many publications on labor and women's history. Numerous government publications on these subjects can be found in Purdue's HSSE and PMEL Libraries as well as in the HIKS Repository. Examples of subject headings you can use to search the Library Catalog for U.S. Government documents on labor and women's history include:
The principal index for locating U.S. Government publications is the Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications HSSE REF & Periodicals 016.353 Un36 which is available online from 1994-present. The GPO Index covers U.S. government publications from 1976 to the present. Connect HERE for information on downloading Purdue Libraries Ebooks.
Additional U.S. Government publication index and reference sources include:
- Guide to U.S. Government Publications HSSE REF 015.73 G943 2008
- Cumulative Subject Index to the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications 1900-1971 HSSE REF 016.353 Un36a
- Congressional Information Service (CIS) Index HSSE REF 328.72005 C76
- CIS U.S. Congressional Serial Set Index 1789-1969 HSSE REF 328.73 C761c
- U.S. Congressional Committee Hearings Index 1833-1969 HSSE REF 348.731 C76
- U.S. Congressional Committee Prints Index Through 1969 HSSE REF 348.731 C755c
- CIS Index to U.S. Executive Branch Documents 1789-1909 HSSE REF 351.73 C497 1990
- CIS Index to U.S. Executive Branch Documents 1910-1932 HSSE REF 351.73 C497 1996