Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About the App
Free to Chronicle subscribers
The Chronicle of Higher Education is the leading souce of news and commentary about the events, people, and issues shaping higher education. Because Purdue University Library is a subsriber, you can enjoy free downloads of weekly issues directly to your iPad.
Read issues offline
Download now and read later? Of course. Simply download your weekly issues of The Chronicle and read them on your iPad anywhere.
You can count on The Chronicle to stay on top of the issues that are important in academe. The iPad app will always be updated with the most critical articles from Chronicle.com.
Purdue University has a campus-wide subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education. To access The Chronicle from your iPad, follow these instructions:
- Go to The Chronicle site: https://go.lib.purdue.edu/db/chronicle
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on Log In.
- On the My Account page, click on Create a Free Account.
- Submit the appropriate information being requested-you must use your Purdue email address. You will also be required to create a password. This is not your career account password, so it can be whatever you want it to be.
- Once you have created your free account, download The Chronicle of Higher Education app from the App Store onto your iPad.
- You will be required to login using your free account credentials (Purdue email and password).
- The Chronicle will appear in your Newsstand on the iPad. You will be able to download editions to your iPad, and when finished, archive them so they are removed from your iPad. (If you archive an edition, you can also easily re-download at a later date, if you wish. Archiving read editions will free up space).
TIP: Forgot your user name or password? Retrieve it from https://chronicle.com/myaccount/ and manage all your account settings.