Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Adding a Book from the PUL Catalog
- Choose Book from the Catalog from the Add/Reorder dropdown.
- Either create a new Book or click the Reuse Existing Book tab to search for an existing asset.
- If you know the item's ISBN, use that to auto-fill fields and cover art (when available)!
Add the ISBN to that field and click Get Book Info. If book information is found:
- If book info is found, the title, author, publication date, and cover art (if any) will be pulled in.
- LibGuides CMS subscribers: you'll also get a book description, when available!
- You can then go back and edit these fields / add other info.
- Use the URL field to link the BftC asset to your catalog record.
- The Title field & book cover art will be linked.
- If you choose to use Amazon's cover art (vs. Syndetics), the book cover art will link to Amazon. This is in their Terms of Service for using their cover art API and we cannot do anything to change this behavior.
- You can also assign Resource Icons (that have been added to your system), a Thumbnail Image, or Subject Associations (via the Subject Associations tab) to the link.
- Click Save.
Example of a Book from the PUL Catalog
Using Libguides to Enhance Library Services by
Publication Date: 2013-01-01
The easy-to-use tools in Springshare's LibGuides help you organize web pages, improve students' research experience and learning, and offer an online community of librarians sharing their work and ideas. Editors Dobbs, Sittler, and Cook have recruited expert contributors to address specific applications, creating a one-stop reference.