Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Classroom Assessment Techniques by
Publication Date: 1993-03-12
This revised and greatly expanded edition of the 1988 handbook offers teachers at all levels how-to advise on classroom assessment, including: What classroom assessment entails and how it works. How to plan, implement, and analyze assessment projects.
Learning Assessment Techniques by
Publication Date: 2015-12-21
This handbook provides 50 active learning techniques for assessing student learning across subject areas and types of learning environments.
Faculty Focus (from Magna Publications) regularly releases short articles about educational assessment practices and findings.
Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education
An organization focused exclusively on assessment of higher education instruction practices. The website contains blogs, videos, and instructional materials.
A website devoted to building, sharing, and assessing rubrics for student assessment.
Examples of Assessment Strategies
- Backer, E., 2010. Using smartphones and Facebook in a major assessment: the student experience.
- Bolin, A.U., Khramtsova, I., & Saarino, D., 2005. Using student journals to stimulate authentic learning: Balancing Bloom's cognitive and affective domains.
- Cheng, W. & Warren, M., 2000. Making a difference: Using peers to assess individual students' contributions to a group project.
- Cope, B., Kalantzis, M., McCarthey, S., Vojak, C., & Kline, S., 2011. Technology-mediated writing assessments: Principals and processes.
- Dermo, J., 2009. e-Assessment and the student learning experience: A survey of student perceptions of e-assessment.
- Gaytan, J. & McEwen, B.C., 2007. Effective online instructional and assessment strategies.
- Lu, J. & Law, N., 2012. Online peer assessment: Effects of cognitive and affective feedback.
- Carlin, N., Rozmus, C., Spike, J., Willcockson, I., Seifert Jr., W., Chappell, C., Hsieh, P.H., Cole, T., Flaitz, C., Engebretson, J., Amos Jr., C., & Boutwell, B., 2011. The health professional ethics rubric: Practical assessment in ethics education for health professional schools.
- Clary, R.M., Brzuszek, R.F., & Fulford, T., 2011. Measuring Creativity: A Case Study Probing Rubric Effectiveness for Evaluation of Project-Based Learning Solutions.
- Dunbar, N.E., Brooks, C.F., & Kubicka-Miller, T., 2006. Oral Communication Skills in Higher Education: Using a Performance-Based Evaluation Rubric to Assess Communication Skills.
- Lasater, K., 2007. Clinical judgement development: Using simulation to create an assessment rubric.
- Mansilla, V.B., Duraisingh, E.D., Wolfe, C.R., & Haynes, C., 2009. Targeted Assessment Rubric: An Empirically Grounded Rubric for Interdisciplinary Writing.