Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mendeley Website & Tutorials
Adding Documents and Citations
Drag and Drop Files
- Simply drag a PDF or folder from your computer to your Mendeley library.
- Mendeley will automatically extract metadata for citation, but this is not a perfect system and should be double checked by you.
Import from Websites
Import from Existing Software
- Easily import an existing library from Endnote, Papers or Zotero from the "File" menu.
'Cite while you Write'
- From the Tools menu within Mendeley Desktop, you can install a Word plug-in to import citations and format them to the appropriate style in your papers
Open PDF files in Mendeley.
- Multiple PDFs can be open simultaneously in separate tabs.
- Allows for easy navigation between documents in your library.
Easily highlight content and add notes.
- After making annotations, click on "Sync" to ensure all members of your group can see your highlights and notes.
- PDFs can be printed or exported with annotations.
- How to Export Your Annotations