Where can I find text of executive orders issued by Indiana's Governor?
- Executive order issued by Governor Mike Pence can be found in the Indiana Register
Where can I find the text of Indiana state laws?
- Paper copies of Indiana state laws can be found in the following two books in HSSE Library's Reference collection: The Indiana Code 348.772 In25c and the West's Annotated Indiana Code 348.772026 In2w. Online access is available at the Indiana Code.
Where can I find the text of Indiana state regulations?
- Two publications in the HSSE Library Reference collection hold this information. The Indiana Register with the call number, 348.772025 In3, has proposed and newly approved regulations. Online access to this is available at Indiana Register.
- The complete compilation of Indiana state regulations is the Indiana Administrative Code
Where can I find the text of Indiana state legislative bills and current information on their status?
Where can I find statistical information produced by Indiana state agencies?
- Links to many Indiana state statistical agency websites are provided
Indiana State Statistical Agency Websites
- Many Indiana state government agencies produce statistical materials to assist policymakers in public policy formulation and implementation. A number of these agencies have websites that provide users with timely access to the statistics they produce. Examples of these agencies include:
- Indiana Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations (Organization seeking to improve communication & cooperation federal, state, and local government organizations on various public policy issues.)
- Indiana Agricultural Statistics Service (Located at Purdue University, this service provides Indiana agricultural statistics as part of the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture´s National Agricultural Statistics Service.)
- Indiana Alcohol & Tobacco Commission (Responsible for regulating and limiting the manufacture, sale, and possession of alcohol and alcoholic beverages and tobacco. Licenses and regulates individuals authorized to sell alcoholic beverages.)
- Indiana Board for Depositories (Insures deposits of public monies in Indiana banks.)
- Indiana Bond Bank (Purchases bonds and notes from communities and issues obligations on the open market.)
- Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (Responsible for administering and regulating automotive and trucking vehicle licensing and registration.)
- Indiana Citizens Commission on Taxes (This gubernatorial commission presented various tax reform recommendations during its existence in 1997-1998.)
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education (Agency responsible for promoting higher education within Indiana. Its site contains a variety of statistical reports and materials.)
- Indiana Commissioner of Agriculture (Agency promoting Indiana agriculture and seeking to strengthen Indiana´s agricultural industry.)
- Indiana Criminal Justice Institute (Serves as Indiana's planning agency for criminal justice, juvenile justice, traffic safety, and crime victim services.)
- Indiana Department of Administration (Agency providing support services to other state agencies to ensure smooth governmental functioning. Site features information on state contracts and contracting, property ownership, and vehicle information.)
- Indiana Department of Child Services (Agency responsible for protecting children from abuse and neglect. Compiles statistics and reports on its enforcement activities.)
- Indiana Department of Correction (Administers Indiana´s state prison system.)
- Indiana Department of Education (Agency responsible for regulating K-12 public education in Indiana. Its site features a variety of data and information.)
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (Indiana's principal environmental quality policymaking agency. Features environmental emissions statistics.)
- Indiana Department of Financial Institutions (Supervises commercial banks, savings and loan associations, and other financial service providers and is responsible for Uniform Commercial Credit Code licensees.)
- Indiana Department of Local Government Finance (Agency managing local government entity finances and responsible for property tax assessment.)
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources (Indiana's natural resources policymaking agency. Manages state parks, forests, and historic sites.)
- Indiana Department of Revenue (Responsible for administering Indiana tax laws.)
- Indiana Department of Transportation (Responsible for building and maintaining Indiana's transportation system.)
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation (The state of Indiana's primary economic development agency.)
- Indiana Education Savings Authority (Governing board of the Indiana College Investment Plan.)
- Indiana Election Commission (Located in the Indiana Secretary of State´s office, this agency regulates the conduct of elections and its site features election results.)
- Indiana Family & Social Services Administration (Provides services to low-income individuals and those dealing with issues such as mental illness, disability, aging, and at-risk children.)
- Indiana Gaming Commission (Agency responsible for regulating riverboat gambling. Its site is a rich source of economic statistics.)
- Indiana Horse Racing Commission (Responsible for regulating pari-mutuel horse racing.)
- Indiana Housing Finance Authority (Finances residential mortgages and rental housing development.)
- Indiana K-12 School Data This Dept. of Education resource provides information about Indiana schools and their educational performance. (NEW)
- Indiana Lottery Commission (Responsible for regulating and distributing revenue from the Hoosier Lottery.)
- Indiana Office of Energy & Defense Development(Responsible for coordinating state energy policies. Website features daily gas price report for selected metropolitan areas.)
- Indiana Office of Inspector General (Investigates criminal and ethical violations by state employees and contractors.
- Indiana Public Employees Retirement Fund(Manages and regulates Indiana state employees retirement funds.)
- Indiana State Auditor (Accounts for Indiana´s funds, oversees tax and revenue disbursement, and pays state bills and employees.)
- Indiana State Board of Accounts (Agency auditing the financial statements of all Indiana governmental units.)
- Indiana State Budget Agency (Prepares the state budget and makes state revenue forecasts.)
- Indiana State Data Center (This agency is a U.S. Census Bureau affiliate and provides Census information customized for Indiana.)
- Indiana State Department of Health (Indiana´s primary state health agency. Compiles and publishes statistics on health-related issues.)
- Indiana State Gaming Commission (Agency responsible for licensing and regulating riverboat gambling. Features statistics on revenue and enforcement actions.)
- Indiana Teacher´s Retirement Fund (Manages retirement funds for teachers and administrators at Indiana public schools.)
- Indiana Treasurer of State (Responsible for managing Indiana´s investment portfolio.)
- Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (Regulates electric, natural gas, telecommunications, water, and sewer utilities.)
- INEWS-Indiana´s New Economy Workforce Statistics (This resource is produced by Indiana´s Department of Workforce Development.)
- State Utility Forecasting Group Purdue University entity focusing on electricity's growth and use in Indiana and the midwest.
- Stats Indiana (Produced by Indiana University´s Kelly School of Business, this resource contains a wide variety of Indiana demographic and economic information.)
Is there a quick way I can access information from all Indiana state government agencies?
Where can I find information about the activities of Indiana's Governor?
- The Governor's website is here.
Where can I find a listing of Indiana's U.S. Senators and Representatives along with contact information for them?
- Information on Indiana congressional representatives can be found here and Indiana U.S. Senators can be found here
Where can I find personal Indiana state income tax forms?
Where can I find information on Indiana hunting and fishing licenses?
- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has a website Natural Resources that features information on applying for these licenses and relevant regulations.
Where can I find information about the ISTEP tests given in Indiana schools?
Where can I find information on major Indiana transportation construction projects?
Where can I find information on the location of Indiana famers markets?
Where can I find Indiana agricultural statistics?
Where can I find biographical information on current and former Indiana State Supreme Court Justices?
Where can I find listings of and biographical information on Indiana state legislators?
Where can I find listings of Indiana sex offenders?
Where can I find information about unclaimed personal or business property in Indiana?
How can I find information about surplus property the state of Indiana is selling?
Where can I find information on Indiana schools and their educational performance?
Where can I find information on property taxes in Indiana?
Where can I find information on state gambling laws, regulations, and revenues?
Where can I find information on Indiana State Parks & Reservoirs?
Where can I find information on individuals and organizations lobbying the Indiana General Assembly?
Where can I find information on the ethical regulations state employees (except legislators) must follow when they perform their duties?
Where can I find information on Indiana state horse racing laws and regulations?
Where can I find information on Indiana alcohol and tobacco laws and regulations?
Where can I find information on Indiana state tax revenue collection?
Where can I find the governor's annual salary?
Where can I find information on Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO) in Indiana?
Where can I find information on where and how economic stimulus funds will be used in Indiana?
- Use THIS Indiana State Library resource.