EndNote basic is a more limited reference management solution that is only available online. EndNote basic users can create an online library with a maximum of 50,000 references and up to 2GB of attachments.
There are two versions of EndNote basic.
- The free version of EndNote basic has 21 styles and a limited number of filters and connection files. This version is available to anybody, with no other purchase required.
- The version of EndNote basic available as part of the Web of Science has thousands of styles and hundreds of filters and connection files. This version is accessible by those whose institution has a subscription to the Web of Science.
- For those who do not use the EndNote Desktop application, this version allows you to
- Add and manage references from databases.
- Capture information for EndNote records from webpages without entering details manually.
- Share groups within your library with other users (attachments are not available).
- Use Cite While You Write functionality to Insert citations into Microsoft Word (available from the Downloads page)
EndNote Online full version
- For users of the desktop application, in addition to the functions above, this version also allows you to
- our desktop EndNote library with your EndNote Online library, and with other computers
- Share your entire library, including attachments, with up to 100 people (all users must use the EndNote desktop version).