Listing of U.S. and foreign academic and public policy research centers.
- FEATURED REPORTS: Alliance Against America: Al Qaeda and Iran
is an analysis by United Against Nuclear Iran.(NEW)
- The Social Costs of Abandoning the Meaning of Marriage is a Heritage Foundation analysis.
Alliance Defending Freedom Amicus Brief Supporting New Mexico business Elane Photography in its religious freedom struggle against
- Ten Thousand Commandments: Annual Snapshot of the Federal Regulatory State is a 2014 Competitive Enterprise Institute report.
Alliance Defending Freedom: Conservative Christian legal organization defending religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and traditional moral values.
- "customers" who wanted them to violate their beliefs.
- American Enterprise Institute: Conservative Washington, DC-based public policy center.
- American Institute for Contemporary German Studies: Center producing objectives analyses of trends and developments in Germany, Europe, and the U.S.
- American Planning Agency: Organization seeking to improve planning and development in metropolitan areas.
- Anglosphere Institute: Organization seeking to promote the role of English speaking nations in promoting individual freedom, the rule of law, strong civil society, and cooperation between peoples in these countries.
- Arnold A. Salzman Institute of War & Peace Studies: Columbia University research center founded by Dwight D. Eisenhower and focusing on international relations and security matters.
- Aspen Institute: Centrist perspectives on international affairs.
- Association for the Study of the Middle East & North Africa: Nonpartisan and nonprofit organization seeking to promote high research and teaching standards in Middle Eastern and African studies.
- Atlantic Institute for Market Studies: Halifax based center studying various public policy issues affecting Atlantic Canada..
- Australian Strategic Policy Institute: Center providing analysis on Australian defense and national security issues.
- Bonn International Center for Peace & Conversion: German center promoting peaceful resolution of international conflict and enhancing societal development.
- Brookings Institute: Prominent liberal public policy research institution.
- California Budget Project: Independent organization providing analyses of California state governmental budget and revenue issues.
- California Center for Population Research: Features collaborative research by UCLA social science faculty focusing on domestic and international demography.
- California Research Bureau: California State Library entity providing unbiased public policy research on California issues for the Governor, gubernatorial staff, state elected officials, and California state legislators.)
- Cape York Institute: Australian research institute seeking to promote economic development and social reform in that country's Aboriginal communities.
- Carl Albert Center: This University of Oklahoma organization provides instruction and promotes scholarship on U.S. congressional history, structure, personnel, policies, and processes.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace: Organization focusing on peaceful solutions to national security and and foreign policy issues.
- Cato Institute: Libertarian economic and public policy research institute.
- Center for a New American Security: Organization seeking to develop strong, pragmatic, and principled national security policies to promote and defend U.S. interests and values.
- Center for Automotive Research: Ann Arbor-MI, based organization the local, state, federal, and international role of auto industry trends & developments.
- Center for Business & Economic Research: This Ball State University entity conducts research on health care, regional ecoomics, transportation, and energy.
- Center for International Security Studies: This University of Maryland organization focuses on the security implications of globalization.
- Center for the Advanced Study of India: University of Pennsylvania centerfocusing on Indian public policy issues.
- Center for Budget & Policy Priorities: Liberal research organization concerned with the impact public policy programs have on low and middle-income individuals.
- Center for Congressional & Presidential Studies: American University facility providing an integrated teaching, research, and study program focusing on Congress and the presidency and the interaction between these two institutions.
- Center for Defense Information: Liberal security studies organization.
- Center for Democracy & Technology: Focuses on how technology affects thedemocratic political process.
- Center for European Integration: Based at Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhem University in Bonn, Germany, this center conducts interdisciplinary research on legal, economic, cultural, social, and political aspects of European integration.
- Center for Human Potential & Public Policy: University of Chicago center integrating research and policy perspectives to improve child and family development, health, and welfare.
- Center for Immigration Studies: Provides nonpartisan research on various aspects of immigration policy.
- Center for International Security & Cooperation (CISAC): Stanford University based security studies research center.
- Center for Military Readiness: Nonpartisan organization seeking to promote sound military personnel policies and promoting maximum military combat preparedness.
- Center for Policy Research: Syracuse University center conducting interdisciplinary research on various public policy issues.
- Center for Population Economics: University of Chicago entity specializing in developing life-cycle and intergenerational data sets to study demography, epidemiology, and economic processes in areas such as diseases, work levels, mortality, and geographic mobility.
- Center for Responsive Politics: Nonpartisan organization studying the role of money in the U.S. political process.
- Center for Strategic & Budgetary Assessments: Organization concerned with national security economic issues.
- Center for Strategic & International Studies: National security and foreign policy oriented research center.
- Center for the Study of the Presidency: Organization seeking to study the American presidency and further undertstanding of it and related institutions.
- Center for Urban Policy & the Environment: This
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
(IUPUI) facilty studies urban development and state and local public policy issues.
- Central Asia-Caucasus Institute: Organization conducting impartial research on the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Caspian Sea regions. A part of Johns Hopkins Center for Strategic and Advanced International Studies.
- Centre for Eastern Studies: Polish institution monitoring & analyzing political, economic, & social developments in Central & Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Caucasus, & Central Asia.
- Centre for European Policy Studies: Independent Belgian policy research organization producing research on various aspects of European public policy.
- Centre for Land Warfare Studies: Independent Indian security studies research center.
- Centre for Military & Strategic Studies: Security studies research center based at the University of Calgary.
- Centre for OSCE Research: This University of Hamburg center conducts research on the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
- Centre for Policy Research: New Delhi-based organization researching Indian public policy issues
- Centre for Policy Studies: Conservative British public policy research institute.
- Citizens Against Government Waste: Nonpartisan organization seeking to eliminate waste, mismanagement, and inefficiency in the federal government. Their "Pig Book" is a popular publication.
- Cold War International History Project: This Woodrow Wilson International Center project provides documentation and analysis of Cold War political, diplomatic, and military developments.
- Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property : Nongovernmental organization of individuals and organizations concerned with documenting intellectual property theft affecting the United States, documenting and assessing China's role in this theft, and determining appropriate U.S. policy responses to these thefts.
- Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT): Organization seeking to promote market oriented and technological solutions to global problems in areas such as climate change and energy. (NEW)
- Competitive Enterprise Institute: Organization promoting free enterprise public policy and reducing regulatory barriers.
- Conflict Studies Research Centre: British Army
center focusing on Central & Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Continuity of Government Commission: This American Enterprise Institute-Brookings Institution
collaboration is working on recommendations to ensure governmental leadership continuity in the event of a catastrophic terrorist attack.
- Council for Affordable Health Insurance: Favors affordable health insurance.
- Council on Foreign Relations: New York City-based international affairs organ.
- Copenhagen Consensus Center: Danish organization seeking to promote effective ways of spending development aid.
- Cuban Democratic Directory: Organization desirous of promoting democratic reform and democratization in Cuba.