Skip to main content
- African-American Poetry. A collection of searchable and browsable full-text poems by African-American authors, based on William French et al., Afro-American Poetry and Drama, 1760-1975.
- Archive Finder. Information about primary source materials from over 5,480 US manuscript repositories. Searchable by repository name or name of collection.
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index. A good place to begin looking for biographical material on anyone. Does not contain the biographies themselves, but lists the biographical compendia where they can be found.
- ERIC. The premier source for education-related research, documents, and journal articles.
- Ethnic News Watch. A full-text general reference database of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press. Has both English and Spanish language interfaces.
- Humanities Abstracts. A subset of the general Wilson Omni-File database, this is a good place to find full-text articles on all subjects relating to English Literature, including reviews of particular books, plays, and films. Access this by first clicking on the OmniFile Full Text Mega box at the top of the screen. A subject area box will then appear in the lower right hand corner. Highlight Humanities here before entering your search.
- J-STOR. A good selection of searchable full-text journals in the humanities and social sciences. J-STOR's strength is in back issues; holdings generally begin at the journal's inception but stop a couple years short of the present.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts. Covers all aspects of linguistics and the study of language: Speech, hearing, phonetics, interpersonal behavior, learning disabilities, nonverbal communication, grammar, morphology, semantics, history of languages, etc.
- Literature Resource Center. A good place to find biographical and critical material on individual authors. Contains full-text articles from the Dictionary of Literary Biography, Contemporary Literary Criticism, and Contemporary Authors.
- MLA Bibliography.International coverage of the modern languages and literatures, including film and folklore. Indexes jounal articles and book chapters in all languages, as well as North American dissertations. Does not index book reviews.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online. The most comprehensive etymological dictionary of the English Language can now be searched on line for words within quotation and definition fields as well as limited to parts of speech.
- Periodicals Content Index Full-Text.(PCI). Indexes the contents of journals in the arts, humanities and social sciences from the inception of each journal (some going back to the 18 th century) to issues published as recently as 5 years ago. Links to the full text available for some journals.
- Philosopher's Index. A good source of articles and books dealing with the relationship between Philosophy and Literature, as well as Literary Theory.