Data sets and archival materials from government agencies and social science repositories
from government agencies and social science repositories
- Aiddata: Features information about international economic development assistance from 1947-present. Partnership between Brigham Young University, College of William & Mary, and the nonprofit organization Development Gateway.
- Alternative Fuels Data Center: Resource compiled by the Energy Dept's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy covering alternative fuels and advanced transportation.
- American Religion Data Archive: The American Religion Data Archive (ARDA) acts to preserve quantitative data on American religion, to improve access to this data, to increase the use of the data, and to allow comparisons across data files. The ARDA collection includes data on churches and church membership, religious professionals, and religious groups (individuals, congregations and denominations).
- Australian Government Data: Provides access to Australian commonwealth and state government data sets.
- Australian Social Science Data Archive: Collects and preserves data on Australian economic, political, and social affairs.
- Canada National Climate Data and Information Archive: Features historical statistics on Canadian climate data.
- Canadian Government Open Data Pilot Project: Provides access to Canadian Government data sets.
- Center of Demography of Health & Aging: University of Wisconsin-Madison entity studying domestic and international aging, demography, and health economics.
- Council of European Social Science Data Archives: Promoting the acquisition, archiving and distribution of electronic data for social science teaching and research in Europe.
- Data.gov: Provides links to U.S. government data sets and some state agency data sites.
- Data.gov.uk/: Provides links to British government data sets.
- Eurostat: European Union statistical and data resources.
- Export-Import Databank Tradestat: Data set compiled by Indina's Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED): St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank dataset featuring 72,000 economic time series from 54 sources.
- Foreign and International Government Organization Statistical Agencies: Provided by Purdue University Libraries.
- Indiana State Statistical Agencies: Provided by Purdue University Libraries.
- Institute for Social Research: The University of Michigan Institute for Social Research (ISR) is one of the largest and oldest academic survey and social research organizations in the world. The ISR is dedicated to social science in the public interest.
- International Food Policy Research Institute: Collects and analyzes sustainable international agricultural data
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is an integral part of the infrastructure of social science research. ICPSR maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data for research and instruction, and offers training in quantitative methods to facilitate effective data use.
- Middle East Military Balance: Produced by Israel's Institute for National Strategic Studies.
- U.S. Government Statistical Agencies: Provided by Purdue University Libraries.
- Databases and Archives: McMaster University. This site contains a large collection of data set archives and statistical resources.
- Sociology: Databases & Centers
- Surveys & Statistics: Provided by SocioWeb, an independent guide to the Sociological resources available on the Internet and is founded in the belief that the Internet can help to unite the sociological community in ways never before possible.