If you want to create a new Library on your desktop with ALL the references from a Shared Library:
Follow the steps below to save a copy of your EndNote Shared library.
1. Open the shared library in EndNote program.
2. Go to File menu> choose 'Save a Copy'
3. In a Save a Copy window, choose your preferred location (desktop/documents) and name the library.
4. Click on Save.
If you want to create a new Library on your desktop with SELECTED references from a Shared Library:
You can also Export the references from the Shared library and import them into the other library. To do this, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the shared library in EndNote.
2. Highlight a reference and then do a Control+A, this will highlight all the references in the EndNote library.
3. Go to "File > Export" and save the file as a "Text File (*.txt)" and output style should be selected “RefMan (RIS) Export".
Once you export the text file, continue following the below steps:
1. Open EndNote program and go to the File menu and choose "New". Name the new library and choose "Save" to the preferred location.
2. Once the new library opens up, go to the File menu and choose "Import"> File...
3. Choose the Import File (.txt file) from your computer location.
4. Select the Import Option as 'RefMan RIS'.
5. Choose Import.
This will import all the references from the text file to this new library.