What is BrowZine?
BrowZine delivers thousands of academic journals to your iPhone, iPad or Android tablet.
BrowZine works by organizing the articles available through Purdue University Libraries, uniting them into complete journals, then arranging these journals on a common newsstand. The result is an easy and familiar way to browse, read and monitor scholarly jounals across disciplines.
What It Can Do For You
- No more awkward searching through dozens of databases: Easily read complete scholarly journals in a format that is optimized for tablet devices
- 24/7 Access to the information that matters to you: Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
- Keep up with the latest research trends: Be alerted when new editions of journals are published-No more clumsy RSS feeds to manage
- Share links to articles with colleagues or email a link to your lab group on the go: Easily save to Zotero, Mendeley, Dropbox and other services
- Download BrowZine by simply going to the app store for your device and search for "browzine". It's a free download.
- Next, select "Purdue University" from the library list.
- You will be prompted to log in with your Career Account. This is the same username/password that you would use to access library materials from off-campus.
|All iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches with iOS v7.x+||Android Tablets and Smartphones with OS v4.1+||Kindle Fire HD Tablets|
BrowZine for Android Smartphones and iPhone is here!
BrowZine for Android Smartphones and iPhone is now available, dramatically expanding the ways your users can engage with BrowZine to find, read and follow their favorite journals!
With this new release, you have the option to create a BrowZine Account. If you have BrowZine installed on your iPhone and iPad, you may now “sync” your My Bookshelf contents. If you add a journal to My Bookshelf or clear a new article notification from your iPad, it will automatically appear on your iPhone.
Saved Article Limit Raised to 500
Based on popular demand, the Saved Article limit has been raised from 100 to 500 articles. BrowZine provides even more opportunity to browse now and read articles later.
Expanded My Bookshelf
For Android users, the My Bookshelf space has been expanded to 64 journals in 4 bookcases.